1/21/2011

Salmon to Love (Roasted, Herb-Crusted)

The Pacific Northwest is blessed with an abundance of wild salmon. Or, should I say, overabundance. We have salmon in the fridge so often that I had been running out of creative ways to prepare it.  This is my fifth salmon-themed post. I think it's also the only fish I've every written about.

Anyways, I may be able to end my search for variations because this is pretty darn tasty. The panko gets satisfyingly crispy and golden brown, while the crust seals the salmon and keeps it perfectly moist.

The side dish for the evening starred my favourite pasta-which-thinks-it's-rice, orzo. Dressed up with some lemon zest, herbs and parmesan, it played quite nicely with the salmon.

(Recipe after the jump)


Roasted Herb-Crusted Salmon
Serves 4
1 cup fresh parsley (dill is also good)
3 cups panko breadcrumbs
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 skinless salmon fillets (6 ounces each) (preferably wild Sockeye)
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside. In a bowl, combine parsley, panko, and 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Place salmon on prepared sheet; season with salt and pepper. Spread top of fillets with Dijon; top with crumb mixture, pressing gently to adhere. Roast until salmon is opaque throughout, 11 to 13 minutes.

Image property of beetsandbites
Recipe adapted from Everyday Food
 

No comments:

Post a Comment