I used cucumber, mango, and grape tomatoes here. Other tasty things to throw in:
-cooked, shredded chicken
-toasted sesame seeds
-fried noodle/wonton strips
I like to use fresh ramen noodles, but they're a little hard to find. You can substitute capellini (angel hair pasta) or whole-wheat spaghetti (as in the recipe) instead. It'll be just as delicious, promise.
Asian Peanut Noodle Salad
- Coarse salt
- 12 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons dark-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti 3 minutes less than al dente. Drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together peanut butter, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, oil, garlic, and red-pepper flakes. Add hot pasta and vegetables; toss to coat, thinning sauce with a little pasta water, if necessary. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Image property of beets and bites